Trump Family Feud: The Niece Claims a $6‑Million Wall‑Hit—The Court Says “Nope”
The Big Settlement Talk
In a New York courtroom Monday (Nov 14), Judge Robert Reed set a decisive tone: the lawsuit that Mary‑Anne Trump brought against her uncle and aunts is dead.
Mary‑Anne says her cousins mis‑managed a multibillion‑portfolio that originally belonged to her late father, Fred Trump Jr. She alleges they “squeezed” her out of the money, and that they should have protected her.
She had already signed a settlement back in 2001, which handed her $2.7 million. Judge Reed said that agreement clearly and unambiguously freed the defendants from all her claims.
She claims she only saw the alleged fraud when the New York Times published a Pulitzer‑winning investigation into the president’s finances in 2018.
“The settlement was neither unfair nor a case where the defendants’ alleged threats precluded the exercise of plaintiff’s free will,” Reed told the court.
Parallel Victory for the 45‑Year‑Old
Same day, a federal judge in Manhattan dismissed a lawsuit filed by former lawyer Michael Cohen against Trump, who accused him of the came‑back‑to‑prison move. The judge said it was retaliation for Cohen’s tell‑all memoir.
What It Means
Nobody’s Cynical about the Court’s Decision
The court’s decision curtails one of the many family resurgences of the Trump saga. Whether it urges another legal earthquake, it’s a reminder that sums of money can bound a family’s ambitions until the day they’re… not bound by a judge’s final sniff.
