Evacuate Donetsk: President Zelenskiy Urges the Don’t Stay in This Place Campaign
In a late‑night TV tirade on July 30, Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskiy made it crystal clear: if you’re still stuck in Donetsk, it’s high time you move. He’s waving a “mandatory evacuation” flag over the area fierce with Russian clashes.
Why the Urgency Matters
- Combat’s high‑pressure zone – The Donbas region, which includes both Donetsk and Luhansk, remains a hot spot. Every hour that pops and the more deadly the chances.
- Winter’s coming – Energy supplies have taken a hit, and the Deputy Prime Minister, Iryna Vereshchuk, warned that if citizens linger, the arrival of cold weather will be a double‑whammy.
- Cost to life – His chief bargain: fewer people on the front line means fewer casualties. “The more people leave, the less time the Russian army has to kill,” Zelenskiy said, promising them a compensation plan for the relocation.
How Many Are Still on the Front Lines?
Zelenskiy estimated that hundreds of thousands still live in areas where shots echo. He officially acknowledged that many refuse to leave but called on everyone to convince those stubborn actual residents that it’s time to evacuate. “If you have the chance, talk to anyone who’s still in those fight zones. Make them see that leaving can save them,” the president urged.
Backstory: Why Ukraine has Asked for Mass Departures?
This isn’t a new request. Ukraine’s authorities have previously asked civilians to evacuate Donetsk. According to former U.S. ambassador John Herbst, the move might be strategic, anticipating heavier battles rather than just fuel shortages.
“I don’t know why Zelenskiy issued the call,” Herbst said. “What I do know is that fighting has been fierce in Donetsk. The Russians snatched Luhansk a few weeks back, and I expect more that will follow.”
Bottom line: Donetsk’s roads are screaming to get clear, and the president’s message is blunt—move, because staying means surviving the heavy artillery or not at all.
<img alt="" data-caption="A firefighter works at a site of a professional college that was heavily damaged by a Russian missile strike, as Russia's attack on Ukraine continues, in Kharkiv, on Ukraine July 30, 2022.
PHOTO: Reuters” data-entity-type=”file” data-entity-uuid=”cdab815d-5972-482d-a03c-05f3416578ab” src=”/sites/default/files/inline-images/VYZNIWVB4FKSXCM55F5FOYUCBM.jpeg”/>
Russia’s Road Trip—Not Exactly a Roadside Picnic
In a reality show called “The Front Line,” Russian commander Herbst gave a quick recap: the Donetsk region will stay mostly out of the “Russian possession” camp. He attributes it to a pesky side‑effect of longer supply lines and the U.S.‑fed artillery armada that the Ukrainian troops are pulling in.
Ukrainian Blitz in the South
Yesterday’s Saturday dawn brought a headline‑worthy casualty count: over 100 Russian soldiers killed and 7 tanks wiped out in the sizzling south. The crackdown was centred around the Kherson region, a hot spot for Kyiv’s counter‑offensive and a choke‑point for Moscow’s logistical arteries.
Railroad Blockade Snapshot
- The Dnipro River’s rail link to Kherson was severed.
- This could isolate Russian forces west of the river from any “tanker” support coming out of Crimea and the eastern pockets.
Bakhmut’s Battleground
Down south of the town known as “Bakhmut” – which Russia has eyed as a major prize – Ukrainian forces reported the Russians had only been “partially successful” at seizing Semyhirya by storming it from three directions.
In short, the front line is heating up. While Russia’s ambition is wilder than a juggernaut, the logistics reality and the fierce Ukrainian artillery mean the country might paint a different front line in the near future.
<img alt="" data-caption="Firefighters work at a site of residential house destroyed by a Russian missile strike, as Russia's attack on Ukraine continues, in Kramatorsk, Ukraine July 29, 2022.
PHOTO: Reuters” data-entity-type=”file” data-entity-uuid=”9aefaddd-7fb6-4060-9cff-67dd8a4208b5″ src=”/sites/default/files/inline-images/ISJHTS4KMJMBDANO6ACZ7NAQMU.jpeg”/>
Russia’s New Frontier (or So‑Called Frontier)
According to a late‑night briefing from the army’s evening report, the Russians have chosen the “outskirts” of the Kherson settlement as their new battleground. It’s a pretty dramatic way to describe a half‑degree of lower‑level front‑line action – and a bit of a red herring for the truth.
Britain Says the Russians Are “Running Out of Steam”
British officials have summed up the situation with a comforting bit of poetic satire:
- “Growing desperate”: The Ministry of Defence has commented that Moscow’s forces are losing ground and morale.
- “Killing our soldiers in a battle of numbers”: Soldiers and resources are slipping away from the Russian warm‑up camp.
- “Running out of steam”: MI6 chief Richard Moore tweeted that Russia’s logistical supply chain has started to sputter.
How the West Keeps the Ball Rolling with Missiles
Western long‑range missiles have found the sweet spot on three Dnipro bridges – and smashed them into oblivion. The 49th Army, which used to have a great deal of hope, now the backend of the Ukrainian side has lost its ability to cross the river and is left hanging on the opposite bank.
Local Governor’s Telegram Menssages
Dmytro Butriy, the pro‑Ukrainian governor, issued a damning Telegram post. He paid tribute to the endless suffering and hard hits that local villages are. His formal headline: “the city of Ukraine is on the move.” He went on to offer these heartfelt quotes:
- “Some villages are awfully destroyed. All houses had to be abandoned at the cellar – essentially it’s a bout of zero‑suitability.”
- “The situation’s going on in Berislav District near Kakhovka hydroelectric plant. Everyone’s not happy here.”
Hard Hit on the Winter‑Warline
After a melee may have been there when Russia captured the Lysychansk back in early July, Ukrainian partisans have already destroyed a railway box with a lot of urgency near Svatove. The local governor from the Luhansk region, Serhiy Gaidai, posted the great news that “Russia’s conditions are sealed measured.” They are pushing a lot of logistics with a stationary unguided transport method that will hamper the overload of ammunition on the front line.
Russia’s “Farewell” to the Official Administration of Kherson Region
Earlier this week, officials from the Russian‑appointed Kherson region administration might have plotted counter‑balance between the Western and Ukrainian perspectives. They said that Western and Ukrainian numbers were wrong and would bring several contagions wherever the defence forces move.
Wrap‑Up: The Bottom Line
So you can see there are multiple instaries present. The Brits have made it clear that the Russians are struggling and that the main chance for the Ukrainian are \*are about to keep the mortar from the points. To get clarity, keep a spot on the official scoreboard and the on‑time reading and hopes on the information on the border step with KI. Only one thing is left yet: The loyalty has the biggest opportunity to kill the walls. For the future, keep your child at places that depend on the courtesy load for the next tense. (No truth under this line.)
Prison deaths
Olenivka Shock: A Twist of Misinformation, Murder, and a Match‑Made to-Do
What actually Happened in Olenivka
- Early on Friday, a massive explosion rocked Olenivka, a small town on the front line of eastern Donetsk, under the command of pro‑Moscow separatists.
- Reports say the blast killed barely a handful of Ukrainian prisoners‑of‑war (POWs) and left many more injured. The number varies: Russia lists 50 dead and 73 wounded, separatists say 53 dead.
- Some journalists who crossed the border would say there were indeed casualties— though the exact tally remains murky.
Russia’s Dramatic Claim
- Russia’s Ministry of Defence blames a US‑supplied HIMARS rocket— a fancy artillery system used by Ukraine— for the tragedy.
- Lt‑Gen. Igor Konashenkov slammed President Zelenskiy, calling him “the mastermind” behind the attack and “Washington’s puppet.”
- The ministry also offered up UN experts and the Red Cross to investigate, supposedly to keep the “truth” clean.
Ukraine’s Rebuttal
- Ukraine rings off as “blame‑free” as it insists Russian artillery was the culprit, allegedly salting the prison’s “clean up” and covering up mistreatment.
- Foreign Minister Kuleba fired a volley at Moscow, labeling the strike a war crime and demanding a global outcry.
International Response
- United Nations: “We’re ready to send investigators, but we need consent from both sides.”
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC): “We’re on the lookout for access and ready to help evacuate the wounded.”
- USA: Secretary of State Antony Blinken called Kuleba on a Friday call, offering condolences and a firm promise to “hold Russia accountable for the atrocities.”
Behind the Headlines: The Smokescreen
- Russia claims civilians and 10,000 alleged war crimes are on the hit list, while Ukraine counters calling them “fabricated.”
- Both sides are in a fierce battle of accusations, each pointing fingers while hiding their own alleged transgressions.
- Verdicts? They’re still waiting for the UN’s investigative flight, which will hopefully gather the facts before the next echo of “we’re innocent!”
There you have it: a chaotic scene of a blast, a war – and the endless spin doctoring from both sides. Until the facts come in, only one thing remains certain: the world is watching, and the headlines will keep coming. Stay tuned.
